Meet my Home On 2 Wheels.
I’m still not sure about a name for the Caravan but I am more than sure that I am going to find the perfect name at some point in the conversion process!
It is a 2003 Lunar Stellar 400, 2 Berth Lightweight Caravan with Motor Mover.
- The internal length of the caravan is 4.2 metres
- The external shipping length is 5.71 meters
- The width is 2.28 meters
- Mass in Running Order weight: 915 kgs
- Maximum allowable weight is: 1125 kgs
I bought and picked up the Caravan a few days before the Lockdown in March 2020 and moved into my new home on two wheels on the 1st of April 2020. The Off-Grid Conversion is a work in progress and it will be done step by step.
Off-Grid Conversion Plans
- Installation of a wood burner for heating and cooking (DONE)
- Installation of an extended 12 Volt power system, connected to the already existing 12 Volt and mains power system (DONE)
- Installation of a 550w solar system with a 320ah AGM battery bank (DONE)
- Large 4.0m x 4.0m awning/gazebo which can be used as stall, workshop and production space (DONE)
- Outdoor shower for the summertime (DONE)
- 2kw Generator (DONE)
- 2 x 7.5Kg Safefill refillable LPG tanks (DONE)
- Maxxair Maxxfan Deluxe (DONE)
- New paintwork (starting soon)
- …and a few more smaller projects like changes to the inside design etc.
This Slideshow shows the Caravan in its original state.